Wherever the road takes me

I have left behind my fabulous friends and life in Hollywood to become an English Teacher in rural Japan. Who knows how long I'll stay here. Who knows what I'll do next. But check here to find out about my latest adventures.

Monday, September 11, 2006

More stuff I've done from the 52 things list...

I have been terrible at blogging lately. I guess it is because I have been so busy. I realized that up until this past Saturday, I haven't had a chance to sleep-in for months. So Saturday, I took the opportunity to stay in my PJs til 1, read a trashy novel, work on some artwork, and experiment with mojito making. Now that I'm all refreshed, I think its time to catch up on a bit of blogging. Here is a list of my latest accomplishments from the list of 52 things...seeing as it is September, I really have to get a move on it.

#20/52 Dave Matthew's concert: I've never seen Dave live...and as I was told, while waiting in line to get into the Hollywood Bowl, "Once you see him live, you will love him forever." Well, forever is a long time...but after seeing him live, I have to agree that I do like him move than I did before. And I hope to catch him again in the future.

#21/52 Visit Joshua Tree: Ever since seeing the cover of the U2 album, way back in the day, I've always been curious about Joshua Tree. I wondered what about it was so inspiring to U2 to name and album after it. So one weekend, I headed to the desert to check it out. It is beautiful and hot...so hot that I am positive if you seat out there long enough you will have visions...it is inevitable. Maybe that's why U2 was so inspired by Joshua Tree...but probably not.

#22/52 Willie Nelson Concert: Good ol' Willie Nelson...I felt I had to see this guy before he died. And so I did...caught him playing at the Hollywood Bowl with the LA Philharmonic. This probably was not his most rowdy concert...but it certainly was a fun time. I suggest catching him if you get a chance.

#23/52 Figure skating medal: I got a medal on a technicality...And by that I mean, I finished a level of figure skating and they gave me a medal upon completion of the class. I didn't really have to do much besides a few crossovers and prove that I could stop while skating backwards...but since I've never earned a medal in anything, I totally believe it counts.

#24/52 Checked out the Tall Ships festival: This was something I did over the past weekend. One of my friends had told me about it last year and her pics from the fest were so cool, that I totally had to go this year. I didn't get a pirate boyfriend out of it, but that was because I realized all the cute pirates probably aren't so cute in normal clothes.

#25/52 Learn to make mojitos: Silly me...this one is super easy, but I had never gotten around to taking the time to actually learn how to make a mojito. Now that i've figured it out, I am planning on doing a mojito station at my next party.

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger Dani said...

Wow, you have been busy. But I am so glad that you are back! I was just wondering about you today. I have to say you are doing better at your list then I am. I only had 12 and I haven't been able to cross many off my list...though I did find a singing teacher and learning to read music and will attempt to get into the jazz choir at school next week. I also went to an artist event per month and saw 2 concerts at the local theater. (Ani and Bonnie Raitt) I still have some pages to fill on my family journal of stories but I am trying to fill that up by the end of the year as well. I guess I won't get to all the things on the list this year but if you can rollover minutes, why not rollover goals too? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home