Wherever the road takes me

I have left behind my fabulous friends and life in Hollywood to become an English Teacher in rural Japan. Who knows how long I'll stay here. Who knows what I'll do next. But check here to find out about my latest adventures.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A couple other things that I accomplished from my list

#7/52: See an NBA Game...I had never gone to a pro basketball game, but had always thought it would be fun. On Easter Sunday, my boss gave me his tix to the Clippers/Sonics game...The seats were great (we had our own waitstaff and VIP Parking) and free, so I have to give the experience 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up!!

#8/52: Figure Skating lessons....I'm still working on my lessons. The goal was to learn how to do a jump...which I mastered last week..a simple bunny hop, but a jump nonetheless.

#9/52: VIP Table at a Club...Holy cow this was expensive ($2000 for 4 bottles of alcohol). Talk about dropping some major dough on an evening out. But for my dear friend Phoenix, it was worth it...I mean, she only gets married once, right? Plus, the experience included a personal bouncer and a private bathroom at one of Vegas' hottest clubs.

#10/52: Buy a new Marc Jacobs bag...Yeah, this one is extremely superficial and frivolous...and after #9, it makes me look like I have no real morals. But I love MJ...and even though I already own his Sophia bag...it was time to get a new one...this time I got a purple "schooly" bag....I love it and wear it often.

#11/52: Buy my dream shoes by Marc Jacobs...Really? You didn't know that I am superficial? Well, these purple Mary Janes were totally worth it...I LOVE THESE SHOES!!! And from this point forward, no more superficial fashion purchases on the list.

#12/52: See Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake....It was awesome! So happy I was able to catch it.

#13/52: Learn how to shoot a gun....Well, I went skeet shooting with my friends, hit a few targets, and learned how to shoot a 20 gauge rifle...I guess that will do.

#14/52: Learn how to Curl...I saw this sport in the olympics and wondered, "why is it these guys got a medal?" So I took a weekend workshop in curling and learned that I might actually have what it takes to make the Olympic team for this awesome sport....I'll keep you posted.

#15/52: See a therapist...My parents are in the midst of a rather ugly divorce. My brother is getting married. Everybody is being self-centered. Now is as good a time as any to seek therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home