Wherever the road takes me

I have left behind my fabulous friends and life in Hollywood to become an English Teacher in rural Japan. Who knows how long I'll stay here. Who knows what I'll do next. But check here to find out about my latest adventures.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

being vegan ain't so bad...

Okay so after doing 3 days on the master cleanse, i was done with it. The taste in my mouth was so horrific, i couldn't even stand to smell my own morning breath...I thought i was going to go nuts, because no amount of toothpaste or listerine could fix this problem. Toxins, ewwy white toxins were coming out of my tongue...and was not prepared to deal with that...so off the cleanse I went....and the first thing I ate was vegan chili at Chili my Soul in Encino....maybe not the best thing to eat after three days of fasting...but when battling the nastiest taste in one's mouth...ever...its not a bad place to start.

So now I'm full into the Vegan diet thing...which is actually not that difficult. I found an awesome recipe site: www.theppk.com that pretty much has recipes for anything and everything that I thought I would be missing....And over the weekend I went out to a couple of parties (one being a BBQ) and other then having to cook tofu steak instead of a burger, there wasn't really any hassles to changing my diet....I guess the main thing i was worried about was that i would be annoying people by having to special order everything...but it turns out most of the places where I go to meet my friends, actually have vegan stuff on their menu....and if i have any doubts, I just cook something for myself before going out...

So yeah, I guess being Vegan isn't as challenging as I thought it would be...but maybe that's because I live in LA and not in Wisconsin...just a thought.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Write me. No, this is not your mother, it's your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home