Wherever the road takes me

I have left behind my fabulous friends and life in Hollywood to become an English Teacher in rural Japan. Who knows how long I'll stay here. Who knows what I'll do next. But check here to find out about my latest adventures.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Seeing a therapist

Over the years, I have joked about it. But, finally I decided it's time to actually schedule an appointment with a psychologist. I figured, I had all of these crazy issues that i needed to work through and that he would give me some potent drugs to get thru my "ADD", "anxiety", and "hypochondria". After a few sessions of meeting with my therapist, it has been determined that I am a completely normal, sane, functioning human being. Therefore not a candidate for heavy doses of drugs to get me thru my "issues." I guess I should be happy to hear that I have been pronounced sane by a medical professional, but at the same time, I'm kind of bummed to hear that I don't have any real issues....not even hypochondria...which it seems is actually something my doctor likes to call "Med school-itis"...which means I have an unnatural interest in Web MD, but it is completely healthy and normal to have this unnatural interest.

Whatever, maybe I should get a second oppinion.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Dani said...

Bummer...your normal...and by normal I mean totally disfunctional-in the best possible way. Does that make you feel better? I always thought my therapist was a god send for telling me that my strange feelings and thoughts (sometimes very sad thoughts) were normal. She gave me permission to be me and therefore...very unique. I love you as is!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger marbargarbo said...

I remember I almost went to see a therapist. Remember when I first moved into our house on Dubuque and my mom flipped out over it? I remember I got so upset, I had to talk to Maureen's dad (who was becoming a therapist). I'm sorry to hear about your 'rents though, that really stinks. I'm always here to talk though. :)
Love ya,
Marge

 

Post a Comment

<< Home